What is AUC?
Albinism Up Close (AUC) is a project that seeks to spread awareness and provide resources about albinism, visual impairment, and blindness.
AUC also provides information on how the blind and visually impaired communities can be successful and diverse.
I recently attended the National Organization of Albinism and Hypopigmentation (NOAH) 18th annual virtual conference and covered it in a series of articles. You can Check them out here in my NOAH Conference page.
Browse the Blog to read about everyday life from the perspective of someone with albinism and legal blindness, tips and tricks, and much more.
For a list of helpful resources and links, visit the Helpful Sites page.
For contact information and to learn more about the site’s author, visit the About page.
My Latest Posts
- Numerous Sunscreens Found to Contain the Carcinogen BenzeneIn Albinism, Hair & BeautyMay 26, 2021A new study has found 78 sun protection and after sun products that contain benzene, a known carcinogen. Here, you can find the summary of those finding, resource links, and a list of contaminated products. READ MORE
- Gaming While Visually Impaired: The Barriers to GamingIn Blindness & Visual Impairment, GamingApril 12, 2021Gaming with a visual impairment comes with some unique barriers. Addressing some of these could richly improve the experience of gamers of all abilities. READ MORE
- How Do Blind & Visually Impaired People Watch TV?In Blindness & Visual Impairment, Everyday Life, TechnologyApril 5, 2021People who are blind and visually impaired have been enjoying visual media for as long as the rest of the world. We just enjoy it in different ways. Read on to learn how. READ MORE
- Albinism & Makeup: The Challenges of Choosing a FoundationIn Albinism, Hair & BeautyMarch 29, 2021Choosing a foundation for fair skin can be a challenging task for many different reasons. Choosing a foundation for your skin is already a challenge. Let's find out why. READ MORE
- Designing with Visual Impairment in Mind: The BasicsIn Blindness & Visual Impairment, Everyday LifeMarch 24, 2021Learn all about the key design basics when creating a space for someone who is blind or visually impaired! READ MORE