What is AUC?
Albinism Up Close (AUC) is a project that seeks to spread awareness and provide resources about albinism, visual impairment, and blindness.
AUC also provides information on how the blind and visually impaired communities can be successful and diverse.
Browse the Blog to read about everyday life from the perspective of someone with albinism and legal blindness, tips and tricks, and much more.
For a list of helpful resources and links, visit the Helpful Sites page.
For contact information and to learn more about the site’s author, visit the About page.
My Latest Posts
- NOAH Virtual Conference 2020: Day 2In AlbinismJuly 11, 2020The National Organization of Albinism and Hypopigmentation (NOAH) conference went virtual in 2020. Here is a summary of the second day's events.READ MORE
- NOAH Virtual Conference 2020: Day 1In AlbinismJuly 10, 2020The National Organization of Albinism and Hypopigmentation (NOAH) conference went virtual in 2020. Here is a summary of the first day's events. READ MORE
- Sunscreen: How to Choose the Right Sunscreen & Apply It ProperlyIn Albinism, Beach & Sun, Everyday Life, Hair & BeautyJuly 2, 2020Those of us with albinism need to vigilant about sunscreen application. Here, I'll outline some factors that will help you choose the best sunscreen for you and your family and application tips. READ MORE
- Kayla Flanary: Finding Joy After the StruggleIn Community HighlightsJune 25, 2020Community Highlight: Kayla Flanary is a twenty-seven year old woman with Oculocutaneous albinism. She has faced many struggles including bullying, but she is finding joy now in the midst of the struggle. READ MORE
- Albinism & Platinum Hair: Keeping White Hair WhiteIn Albinism, Hair & BeautyJune 18, 2020I love my white hair, but it can be a challenge to keep white. Environmental factors can lead to yellowing of the hair, but there are steps you can take to prevent and reverse this effect. READ MORE