What is AUC?
Albinism Up Close (AUC) is a project that seeks to spread awareness and provide resources about albinism, visual impairment, and blindness.
AUC also provides information on how the blind and visually impaired communities can be successful and diverse.
I recently attended the National Organization of Albinism and Hypopigmentation (NOAH) 18th annual virtual conference and covered it in a series of articles. You can Check them out here in my NOAH Conference page.
Browse the Blog to read about everyday life from the perspective of someone with albinism and legal blindness, tips and tricks, and much more.
For a list of helpful resources and links, visit the Helpful Sites page.
For contact information and to learn more about the site’s author, visit the About page.
My Latest Posts
- The White Cane: History & LawsIn Blindness & Visual Impairment, Low Vision Products, TechnologyAugust 13, 2020The white cane has a long history, but laws regulating its use and safety are fairly recent and vary by state. Here I discuss that history, laws, and the types of canes that exist for blind and visually impaired people. READ MORE
- Surviving the Beach with AlbinismIn Albinism, Beach & Sun, Everyday Life, Hair & BeautyJuly 30, 2020People with albinism can enjoy the beach as well as people without it, but we do need to take a few more precautions. Here, I run down some of those considerations and tips so that you can enjoy your time at the beach with albinism, fair skin, and photophobia. READ MORE
- Phoenix Simone Walter: Rising ProudlyIn Community HighlightsJuly 23, 2020Phoenix Simone Walter is a photographer and graphic designer who also happens to have albinism. She rises above any challenges that come her way with grace.READ MORE
- Nystagmus Explained: How it Impacts the Vision of Those with AlbinismIn Albinism, Blindness & Visual ImpairmentJuly 16, 2020Nystagmus is an uncontrollable shaking of the eyes. It occurs frequently in those with albinism. It affects the vision in various ways, but there are some things you can do to lessen its effects.READ MORE
- NOAH Virtual Conference 2020: Day 3 & 4In Albinism, NOAH ConferenceJuly 13, 2020The NOAH Virtual Conference 2020 was an absolutely amazing experience for me. This post covers Days 3 & 4 as well as where the 2022 and 2024 conferences will be held.READ MORE