What is AUC?
Albinism Up Close (AUC) is a project that seeks to spread awareness and provide resources about albinism, visual impairment, and blindness.
AUC also provides information on how the blind and visually impaired communities can be successful and diverse.
Browse the Blog to read about everyday life from the perspective of someone with albinism and legal blindness, tips and tricks, and much more.
For a list of helpful resources and links, visit the Helpful Sites page.
For contact information and to learn more about the site’s author, visit the About page.
My Latest Posts
- Internalized Ableism: When Society Doesn’t WorkIn Albinism, Blindness & Visual Impairment, Disability, Everyday LifeOctober 13, 2023Ableism is everywhere, including in our very own minds. It has a huge impact on every aspect of our lives, but you CAN change the way you think about disability, and you should! READ MORE
- Choosing a Tip for Your Mobility CaneIn Blindness & Visual Impairment, Low Vision ProductsOctober 3, 2022Choosing a tip for your mobility cane is a very personal task, but there are some guidelines that can help you make the decision. Here, I run through the various tips, their general uses, and some general guidelines to help you choose your next cane tip. Remember, I am absolutely no orientation & mobility expert. I am simple gathering all the information for you guys. READ MORE
- Why Are We Proud to be Disabled?In Albinism, Blindness & Visual Impairment, DisabilityJuly 18, 2022July is Disability Pride Month! To many this may seem like an odd statement, but disability pride is about much more than being proud to be a disabled person. READ MORE
- Live Streamed TableTop RPG with Blind Creators: Let’s Have Some Awareness & Some FunIn Announcements, Blindness & Visual Impairment, GamingJanuary 16, 2022Join me in a live streamed TableTop RPG for charity and awareness beginning January 20th! Learn all about this event and how you can lend your support! READ MORE
- Johnson and Johnson Issue Voluntary Recall on SunscreensIn Albinism, Everyday Life, Hair & BeautyJuly 28, 2021Johnson and Johnson issues voluntary recall of certain aerosol sun protection products that contain benzene. READ MORE